Beräich(er): Aarbecht am sozialen oder edukative Beräich, Kultur
Programm: Service volontaire européen
Adress / Land:
45 km from Warsaw
Dauer: 6 - 12 Méint
Ufank: September 2021
Schluss: August 2022
Typ vun der Missioun: Individuell
Beschreiwung vun der Missioun:
Public Library of Pomiechówek Commune lends books and organizes cultural and educational activities related to reading. Its target group includes inhabitants and visitors of the commune who are at different ages.
Pomiechówek Commune has around 9000 inhabitants whereas Pomiechówek village itself around 3000. The village is located 45 km from Warsaw and has residential character, in summer it turns into a popular destination for local tourists.
Aufgaben vum Volontaire:
Volunteer will be involved in everyday work of the library and will be encouraged to realize own initiatives. Following activities are possible:
- Librarian’s work such as arranging books, writing reviews, online promotion
- Organizing meetings and events for the local community
- Help in organizing programming lessons for children, IT courses for seniors, language meetings online, etc.
- Help in organizing meetings about literature, meetings with writers
- Visits in kindergartens and schools to promote reading and intercultural education
- Organizing own presentations and meetings such as language meetings, traveler’s meetings, creative workshops
- Promoting Volunteering and European Solidarity Corps
- Interested in literature or art, history, etc.
- Creative, independent and ready to have own ideas and initiative
- Friendly, making relationship with people easily
- Willing to work with people of different ages (from small children to seniors)
- Communicative English
- Reliable and diligent