Beräich(er): Aarbecht am sozialen oder edukative Beräich, Kultur
Programm: Service volontaire européen
Offene Jugendarbeit Dornbirn
Adress / Land:
Dauer: 6 - 12 Méint
Ufank: Oktober 2023
Schluss: Juni 2024
Typ vun der Missioun: Individuell
Beschreiwung vun der Missioun:
The association Offene Jugendarbeit Dornbirn (OJAD) – Open Youth Work Dornbirn – was founded in 1992 with the purpose to offer young people space for leisure time activities. We run two youth centres, several big projects on skills-development and education (boat-building, urban farm, crafting & design) and leisure sites such as a skateboarding area.
The youth centre Vis.m.u.t. (Vision: human dignity and tolerance) accommodates the youth café Vismut which is mainly visited by young people under 16 and the Kulturcafé Schlachthaus where parties, concerts and discussions are organised.
The youth centre Arena runs a youth café and has the focus on sports (tabletop football, skating, basketball etc.).
Aufgaben vum Volontaire:
The volunteer will work five days a week, 34 hours a week, including German course. S*he will have two days holidays per month. The volunteer will be part of our team and the areas he*she can participate are:
• Kulturcafé Schlachthaus: Here s*he can help organise parties and youth culture events (concerts etc.) that take place about twice a week. S*he will learn to book concerts, organise everything around concerts (for example Gothic, Punk, Hardcore, EMO, Metal, Hip-Hop etc.), do the bar during different events, care for the bands, care for the young people that visit our house.
• Youthcafé Vismut: Our visitors at the youthcafé Vismut are a little younger (13 – 16) and come to the centre for a chat with other youngsters or with the youth worker or for workshops (for example gardening, doing handicrafts, dance, skateboarding). The volunteer will help with the workshops and in the café (bar, preparing snacks, cleaning etc.)
• Youthcafé Arena: Youth Café Arena is open every day in the afternoon or evening. It also offers space to meet informally for a chat with friends. The focus of activities is sports: Tabletop football, billiards, basketball and skateboarding, etc.
• Youthcafe “Chill Out” in Höchst: Höchst and Dornbirn have a cooperation for many years. Höchst has the youth café, sports, different projects and events.
S*he can also participate in the activities that we organise in the course of the year, for example:
• Youth Festival on the Dornbirn Fair
• Tolerance Days (April)
• Environment Week (May)
• Volunteer’s Own Project: If the volunteer wants, s*he can realise her*his own project in cooperation with the young people from Vismut. Since we offer a wide variety of activities s*he has a lot of possibilities to do so (sports workshop, creative workshop, antiracism project, project on her*his home country, concert with a band from her*his home country, music workshop, cooking etc.).
Doing a voluntary service in the “Offene Jugendarbeit Dornbirn” the volunteer will learn a lot about youth work and will get a practical insight into the various fields of youth work: leisure time activities, intercultural dialogue, employment, education + training in youth work. In the daily contact with the young people s*he will increase her*his social competences in establishing contacts and building relationships.
By helping with our projects and activities, the volunteer will learn project management “by doing” and practice teamwork. S*he will get an insight into various youth cultures and will meet many people of different backgrounds.
S*he should like to work with young people and should be interested in different youth cultures, music, sports, nightlife, different kinds of ecology and youth centre work. S*he should care for young people and be prepared to take the initiative to get in contact with them. S*he should be flexible and be willing to take part in different kinds of projects.
Since our opening hours are mainly in the afternoons, evenings and on weekends s*he should be prepared to work late hours and on weekends.
+352 621 394 907