Beräich(er): Aarbecht am sozialen oder edukative Beräich, Kultur
Programm: Service volontaire européen
Adress / Land:
Dauer: 6 - 12 Méint
Ufank: September 2023
Schluss: August 2024
Typ vun der Missioun: Am Grupp
Beschreiwung vun der Missioun:
Currently, we work with a team of 12 volunteers for 12 months, the majority of them are working in our new social restaurant/small hostel and inside the organization of Rock-Solid foundation for international youth work.
What is a social restaurant/hostel, and why is it social?
Well, our restaurant has different aspects to it that make it social:
- It is giving an opportunity for international volunteers to gain work experience and learn a lot in the managing of a restaurant.
- We run a quality food restaurant, but for lower prices because we are non-profit; therefore more people can afford to go to a real restaurant and not only to a fast-food place for example.
- We are teaching you (or maybe the others because you already know) how to try to be as sustainable as possible, by separating garbage, but also by the choices we made for the restaurant and discovering together what can be improved.
- We promote the idea of shared tabling, which means that people who are alone or lonely or who just like to meet new people are sharing the same table.
- We will not put “time pressure” on the guests, if they like to stay for a chat or a listening ear, we want to be there for them!
- We connect our volunteers in this way with the local community, and for that reason, we are doing a lot of promotion of the E+ and ESC opportunities for young people.
- We will try to use your other talents, maybe you are gifted in project writing, in helping with final reports or making schedules etc.
- Also, we hope to start with day-care for people with disabilities or with a distance to the labour market. This means people with disabilities can work with the team of volunteers and us together in the cleaning of the building, but also in the cooking and serving part. This is not sure yet; it depends on demands and possibilities too.
Aufgaben vum Volontaire:
• We may need practical help in maintenance of the restaurant.
Like painting the walls, redecorating the building, renovating rooms and cleaning the street/terrace.
• Or we need you to join us in a project, a youth exchange for example, to help with the cooking, facilitating and helping in the writing of the final report. Or anything that has to do with supporting, preparing, executing and evaluating the project.
• Or we need you in setting up projects for local youngsters.
• Or we need you for coming with us to do promotion activities in schools or on the streets or bringing around flyers, putting up posters for promotion etc.
• So… basically everything needed for Rock Solid to be Rock Solid (and helping Rock Solid grow) will be part of your job!
• It might also be possible that you will be involved in a project in which we collaborate with local organizations that work with people with a mental and/or physical disability. These local organizations are Siza, Humanitas, Norschoten
and MOMO. Projects like these do not occur regularly though, they are occasional, and therefore it’s not sure that one will take place during your voluntary year.
During the ESC Voluntary year, volunteers will be actively involved in the different activities of Rock Solid, on local and regional level. The volunteers will also attend Dutch classes for foreigners. The duration of the majority of the ESC Volunteering projects is 12 months (360 days according to the guide) and they mostly start on the 1st of June or 1st of September every year
– Team spirit.
– A passion for and/or experienced in cooking and/or serving and willing to learn how we are doing it in the Netherlands.
– A passion for social work and youth organizations.
– Open communication.
– Open for new challenges and having a hands-on mentality.
– Good feeling for hygiene and not afraid to clean.
– 18-30 years old.
– Not had an EVS/ESC long term before.