Domaine : Culture, Travail social et éducatif
Programme : Service volontaire européen
Organisation d’accueil :
aha – Jugendinformationszentrum Dornbirn
Adresse / pays :
durée : 6 - 12 mois
début : octobre 2023
fin : juillet 2024
type de mission : Individuelle
Description de la mission :
The “aha – Jugendinformationszentrum” is a youth information center offering up-to-date information about matters concerning young people. It is situated in the province of Vorarlberg, the most western region of Austria and was established in 1992.
The main target group are young people between 12 and 30 years old. Information is provided on education and training, employment, travel, active citizenship, leisure time activities, legal questions, health, politics, etc.
Further central aspects are our aims, activities and workshops to cover aspects such as active citizenship, democratic values, transnational interest and solidarity, equality, diversity and inclusion, youth empowerment, enabling informed decision-making, peer-to-peer education in non-formal and informal settings.
The International Department of our organisation also coordinates the regional activities of the programmes "Erasmus+" and "European Solidarity Corps"; coordinating all local volunteering projects as well as sending volunteers and informing youth organisations on a variety of funding opportunities.
(→ In this case, the aha youth information centre is at the same time hosting organisation as well as the coordinating organisation. Mind though, that your main tutor and the overall project coordinator are different persons, working in different areas of the organisation.)
Tâches du volontaire :
The volunteer will work five days a week, 34 hours a week including German course and training. They will usually have the weekends off and will have two days holidays per month.
At our organisation, volunteers will have a diverse volunteering experience, where they can meet many people and try out working in different areas. After having been introduced to the different areas, the volunteer is open to express and deepen in their field of interest. Our main areas which proved quality experiences for volunteers are:
1) Digital, technical and social media department
• Photography, video, social media content creation, digital tools, blogging, posting, digital storytelling, design
2) Youth Events & Workshops
• Join our team with organising events, activities and workshops for youth
• Assist in organising events, the possibility of co-hosting events/activities/workshops is given, if the volunteer wishes to do this or try this
• Assist youth with developing their knowledge and skills, support them if they have questions
3) Information department + help organising events:
• Help in the information area of the centre, acquire and present information on a variety of youth related topics (working abroad, travelling, training, employment, youth movements and local youth initiatives) and help with the adequate presentation and distribution of information
• Help to prepare and organising special information events (e.g. on “going abroad”) at information fairs (Dornbirn fair, University fair, etc.)
4) Youth engagement programme “aha plus”:
• Travel through the province to meet with programme partners to check out their venues and validate their partnership offers and discounts.
5) Own project:
• Volunteers have the opportunity to pursue their own projects according to their interests, desires and skills – with the support of the staff and the infrastructure of the centre.
→ Most of the activities can be done without or with only little knowledge of German. Some of the activities will only start when the volunteer’s German has reached a certain level.
Profil recherché :
Our volunteers should like to interact with kids and youngsters of different backgrounds and should be interested in youth cultures and different media as well social media. It would be great if the volunteer likes to do creative tasks and is into photography and filming as well as content creation.
Most important is though, that the volunteer should be motivated to communicate with young people and be prepared to take the initiative to get in contact with them. They should be flexible and willing to take part in our work, our activities, projects and workshops.
Votre contact :
+352 621 394 907