Beräich(er): Aarbecht am sozialen oder edukative Beräich, Kultur
Programm: Service volontaire européen
Adress / Land:
Dauer: 6 - 12 Méint
Ufank: Individuell ofklären Individuell ofklären
Schluss: à convenir
Typ vun der Missioun: Individuell
Beschreiwung vun der Missioun:
The Public Library in Kwidzyn is a cultural institution run by the Town Hall. The primary goal is to meet the cultural, educational and informational needs of the inhabitants. The mission is to support the development of the community of the Kwidzyn district by maintaining the function of a generally accessible public library, disseminating knowledge, integrating the local community, supporting residents in their cultural, educational and civic activities.
The Library wants to be a modern center of information, culture and civic activity. In addition to the main task of borrowing books, other tasks are carried out in the field of culture to enable residents to pursue their passions. They are provided the opportunity to contact others through this platform for the exchange of views and experiences. There are lectures on various subjects: from genetics and cardiology, through art history, film and literature, to ecology and tourism and cosmetology. There are also workshops, some cyclically every week and others once, and meetings with authors of books, various types of professionals and reconstructors of old crafts.
Aufgaben vum Volontaire:
Volunteer work includes organizing activities within the ‘MultiRobotyka’ learning module. ‘MultiRobotyka’ is a training system for children in the field of technical sciences and the basics of robotics, which combines the processes of solving problems, building mechanical models and controlling these models using appropriate programming software.
Volunteers will take part in the following activities:
• help with organized classes for groups: robotics, IT, Lego, K’nex, etc.
• help in organizing summer and winter activities: camps with a library, etc.,
• creating the own educational or creative activities for various groups of recipients.
• assistance during library lessons and bibliotherapy classes, preparation of materials, books, promotion, and co-teaching language classes.
• assistance in the organization of author meetings, technical support,
• promotion of international volunteering among the inhabitants of the Kwidzyn city;
• International Book Club – preparation for meetings on books by foreign authors, readings and promotion works of the writers of a given country;
• leading part of social media, educational videos, promotional videos, podcast support and graphic materials, promotion of the Library’s activities in social media, etc.
• The library is open for passionate, ready-to-work candidates, who are not afraid of proposing new concepts, actions, and activities!
We are looking for motivated candidates with a proactive, creative, problem-solving and initiative-taking attitude, well-developed organizational skills and at least a basic knowledge of English. The one who really enjoys public speaking and is not scared of daily routine, highly motivated to organize different activities that strengthen the
integration between polish and international students, kids and youngsters.
+352 621 394 907