Domaine : Culture, Travail social et éducatif
Programme : Service volontaire européen
Organisation d’accueil :
Adresse / pays :
durée : 6 - 12 mois
début : à convenir
fin : à convenir
type de mission : Individuelle
Description de la mission :
Tallinn Sydalinna School (Tallinna Südalinna Kool) was opened in 1966. It provides basic education from first grade to ninth (children are 7-15 years old). The main goal is to provide formal learning that follows the national curriculum, but the school tries to incorporate non-formal learning. In the spring of 2020, it has about 520 students and 40 teachers. Learning takes place in Estonian.
The school is in a beautiful and renovated building in the centre of Tallinn. It has innovative classrooms which have VR devices, 3D printer, TV, smartboard, tablets, new and flexible furniture, etc. All grade 1 students begin with digital learning and robotics as part of the curriculum. The children learn English from 1st grade, Russian and German from 6th grade. The school values movement and sports, so every day the children have outside breaks in the school garden.
Tâches du volontaire :
- Present the homeland culture (for example music, famous people, places, etc.).
- Practice English/German/Russian/or some other language with the pupils.
- Organise workshops, parties, etc.
- Play with pupils during outside breaks and during the afterschool programme.
- Organise hobby groups according to one’s talents.
- Accompany the pupils on study visits (museums, theatre, cinema, etc.).
- Help the teachers in other current activities.
Profil recherché :
- Has strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Must speak English. Speaking Russian or German is an advantage.
- Is talented in music, sport, art, etc.
The organisation prefers volunteers who are at least 21 years old and who have studied pedagogy or have good event management skills.
For more information about Tallinn Sydalinna School visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/tallinnasydalinnakool.
Votre contact :