Domaine : Culture, Travail social et éducatif
Programme : Service volontaire européen
Organisation d’accueil :
Adresse / pays :
durée : 6 - 12 mois
début : à convenir
fin : à convenir
type de mission : Individuelle
Description de la mission :
The Ukrainian Cultural Center (UCC) is located side by side and operates together with Labora Workshops and the Tallinn School of Calligraphy.
The UCC provides a place where local Ukrainians can preserve their language, culture, and traditions. The organization serves as both a community center and a
Sunday school for the Ukrainian Greek Catholic parish in Estonia. The center also makes it possible for Estonians and visitors from other nationalities to learn more about Ukrainian culture and diaspora.
The UCC has a wider focus on the development and protection of disappearing traditions, cultures, crafts, and endangered nature. The uniqueness is captured in handmade books.
Tâches du volontaire :
- Giving guided tours of the center, during which they will introduce its history and projects to visitors
- Organizing and structuring the collections
- Helping with the workshops
- Promoting the UCC (social media, taking pictures etc,)
- Maintaining the garden on the grounds of the center
The volunteer will be encouraged to start and independently work on their own project. The organization would like them to pick up one of the UCC’s many activities and develop it further, or come up with a whole new idea of their own. Assistance will be given, in necessary.
The volunteer is expected to participate in different cultural events organized by and happening in our center.
Profil recherché :
- A person interested in preserving culture, art, and nature
- Strong personal motivation to work on and learn about these topics
- Eagerness to widen a horizon on art and cultural history
- Open-minded and ready to cooperate
It would be very useful if the volunteer has experience in those fields, it is however not crucial.
Votre contact :
+352 621 394 907