Domaine : Culture, Travail social et éducatif
Programme : Service volontaire européen
Organisation d’accueil :
Kapnikos Statmos Katerinis
Adresse / pays :
Fleming 8, 60134 Katerini, Greece
durée : 6 - 12 mois
début : à convenir
fin : à convenir
type de mission : Individuelle
Description de la mission :
"Ο τόπος μου", "My Place" is the name of our group of active citizens of the provincial town of Katerini in northern Greece translated. We started as an initiative of concerned people who did not want to remain idle in 2007 when it came to protecting the forests of neighbouring Mount Olympus. We have kept this character of citizen mobilizing action alliance all these years, while the projects have become more and more and bigger. The philosophy, on the other hand, has not changed: We are a citizens' movement open to all and independent of any state agency, with the aim of educating, raising awareness and mobilizing civil society. Volunteering, nature conservation, solidarity and human rights are the values by which we act.
Tâches du volontaire :
The Social Pharmacy is a volunteering activity supplying registered beneficiaries, social institutions and government agencies with medicines and medical supplies since 2013.
Under the supervision of a volunteering pharmacist checking their valid medical prescription, registered beneficiaries can pick up their necessary medication two days a week directly on site for free.
The stock consists of donations of unused drugs and material from beneficiaries, the local community, local pharmacies and abroad. After receiving, the donations need to be checked, sorted, selected, entered into the digital database system and placed into the shelf accordingly by volunteers. Some 12,000 drugs are currently in stock and publicly browsable via our website.
This way, in a stable principle of Circular Economy, medical waste is successfully avoided and through volunteer work repurposed to support people in need.
Tasks and activities of the volunteer:
– Reception of drugs and medical supplies from donors of the local and foreign community
– Inspection of expiry date and general condition of received drugs and medical supplies
– Counting, sorting and categorization of received drugs and medical supplies
– Entry of drugs into the electronic database system
– Proper disposal of expired stocks in the special green bins in selected pharmacies
– Registration of the beneficiaries into the electronic database system
– Storage and constant checking of entered medical stocks
– Sorting out stocks that are near expiry
– Packaging of drugs and medical supplies and preparations before sending to local hospitals and other social organizations
– Assistance for the volunteering pharmacist during the opening hours from 6:00 p.m. to 20:30 p.m. on Monday and Wednesday
Profil recherché :
We deeply wish to let this Volunteering Projects place open for young people with a strong motivation to be a volunteer.
Votre contact :
+352 621 394 907